Add to GoogleReader

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

10.26.2012

S'more Fun

Autumn
here
We're going camping this weekend! It's the final leg of Matt's bday celebration and I'm really looking forward to spending some time outdoors. One lovely thing about living here is how close we are to Michigan -and all that state has to offer by way of wild places and parks. We're staying in a cabin - and I'm glad, given that last night it dropped from the 70s to the 40s - but we'll be cooking (and other things) outside.

I'm pretty excited for s'mores - they have become my newest food addiction (remember when I couldn't get enough lime?). We've been roasting marshmallows over the stove burners, and set off the fire alarm a few times, so I'm looking forward to the true campfire variety.

I like mine with dark chocolate (72%, of course) but I'm interested in trying them with other things ...kitkats, fruit, peanut butter...

OMG with Digestives...
Smores, smores, smores!
here
I also need to brush up on my ghost-stories to tell around the fire. This one seems appropriate:

smores

4 comments:

  1. We had s'mores around a fire 2 weeks ago. We were staying in a very swanky cabin in Boone, NC and built a fire in the fire-pit. My husband told this classic Boy Scout ghost story:
    http://www.boyscouttrail.com/content/story/red_sloppity_lips-994.asp
    It was perfect for our kids :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try them with 240sweet marshmallows (from columbus in)

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Share with the class!