Add to GoogleReader

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

3.15.2013

Peeking: Toys

Guys, first of all - I know we're all shocked and upset by the death of Google Reader. I am working to review some other options and share with you my pick.

Ok, now on to something more fun: pictures! I love the internet for bringing me amazing art at no price at all. I think photographers are amazing for their ability to transport viewers into another world and experience life in a new way. I love taking a peek into other people's homes and lives - definitely brings new perspective to what we see each day.

Artist Gabriele Galimberti took photos of children around the world displaying their favorite toys. The photos reveal some of the stark differences, as well as the similarities, between all children.
Take a peek:

Zanzibiar



USA


China


Lebanon


Ukraine


Kenya


Isn't it amazing how familiar all these toys are? We probably each know a kid with a similar set of favorite toys. If had had to pick, mine would have been just like the little boy above - one favorite stuffed animal (though I of course, had many many others to play with too).


What were your favorite toys as a child?

Happy weekend! E.


3 comments:

  1. the first pic with the skeletor toy reminds me of gma's house and the heman castle from an auction she and gpa were at

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable.
    Wonderful work.
    Jess.
    http://heartnmindramble.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Share with the class!