Friends! How was your Thanksgiving? We had an awesome time at home with my folks and extended fam.
- My secret-family-recipe/bain-of-my-holiday-existence-rolls turned out FABULOUSLY (after years of disappointment)! Busted out the new kitchenmaid mixer, with help from sous-chef Matt and all 7 BATCHES turned out miraculously well.
- Seeing long-lost cousins, their adorable children, and a surprise NEW girlfriend (brave soul to date into this family, I tell you.)
- Stuffing Balls - sound gross, taste AMAZING!
- Lots of car naps. So glad Matt's a safe driver :)
- Spending a lot of good quality time with a bunch of people I've missed seeing lately, from the 'rents, to good friends, family and event some iphone face time with the in-laws to be! I'm a lucky, lucky girl to have all these people in my life!
Big question of the day, though: Did you shop?
Mom and I sneaked out of the house Thursday night to see the hullabaloo at Target. I say sneaked out, because we'd spent the day earlier complaining about how gross it is that stores open on Thanksgiving. Yeah, major hypocrites. The deals were pretty good, but you know what? We felt GUILTY. Yeah, not so fun after all. Sorry all Target red rangers, we won't do it again :(. Other than a little trip through Macy's on Friday, we stayed out of the fray after that. Cyber Monday was also a disappointment today - some Gap treats and that's it. (Though if you're into Kate Spade, you should check out her site. I was tempted.) So the retail guggernaut that is Thanksgiving was mostly unaided by my pocketbook. Oh well, I'm sure I'll catch up in the weeks to come.
Hope you're well, all! More posts this week, I promise.