Add to GoogleReader

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

3.02.2012

Piece of Cake

Paul Ferney cake painting
Cake Painting by Paul Ferney, from here.

This week was no piece of cake. But you know what? I survived and that's the important thing, right? Oh that, and the nice big piece of dark chocolate I'll be eating when I get home....

This weekend is all about cuddle time with The Boy, family dinner celebrating new adventures and hopefully nice weather for a bike ride (fingers crossed). 

I hope you  have a lovely 2-day reprieve!


4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had a difficult week and I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    My weekend is going to include Alton Brown's Curry Chicken Pot Pie, Phineas & Ferb on Saturday morning, and Family Movie Night on Sunday night (this week is The Wizard of Oz because we've been studying about tornadoes).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Selah! It was nice and relaxing - just what I needed. Let me know how the Pot Pie turns out - that sounds amazing!

      Delete
  2. The pot pie was really good! I got the recipe from Food Network's website. I roasted potatoes along with the peas & carrots and I left out the celery (we aren't celery fans). Otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly. The curry flavor was mild but a nice change to traditional pot pie. The only thing I will change next time is the crust. I used rounds of puff pastry per the recipe and felt like it wasn't enough crust. Next time I'll just cover the whole thing in a sheet of puff pastry. Very, very yummy!
    I'm glad you had a good weekend :) I hope this week is better than last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yum! gonna have to try that - i love anything with curry in it :)
      so far, a busy week but that's ok - just give an even better reason to celebrate the weekend!

      Delete

Have a thought? Share with the class!