Add to GoogleReader

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

11.18.2011

Online Art Crawl

I'm generally too lame to attend a real art crawl (you know, where you stop at different galleries, sip white wine and remark on your own fabulousness while briefly glancing at over-priced wall hangings). But sometimes I do come across things other than Pinterest and weird news stories while on the internet. And sometimes, those things are fabulous pieces of fine art ...which would look really nice in my apartment.
Some recent faves:

I think she's kind of a big deal, but her work is just so charming and whimsical you want to believe she's a gifted twelve-year-old painting her daydreams up in a tree house somewhere...

Pinned Image
Pinned ImagePinned Image

I ran across this photographer on A Cup of Jo  this morning. For the cloud photos, he shot out of an airplane--with the door open!
Pinned Image
Pinned Image

Cozamia:
Combining hand paintings with digital art to create interesting patterns in amazingly fun colors, Cozamia's pieces are definitely my new obsession. I want these blown up on huge canvases; they'd dominate a room -- but in such a nice way.

Land & Sea
Land & Sea
Land & Sea
Land & Sea
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image

Ok, now where's my white wine?

*All images are from the artists' websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share with the class!