That's how my vacation felt. Ahhhhhhh......
Like letting out a long sigh that I didn't know I was holding.
I'll fill you in with pictures and itineraries and all that jazz tomorrow, once I've downloaded my pictures and unpacked my suitcase (there may or may not be a giant rock impeding that process...) But let it suffice to say I had an amazing time. The trip combined all of my most important elements:
- Time with old friends and lots and lots of laughing (plus a snort or two)
- Sleeping in (on one of the most comfortable beds I've tried, to boot!)
- Uninterrupted time with The Boy - in fact, the longest time we've spent together since Christmas- woo hoo!
- The perfect mix of fun activities and relaxation time
- Completely unnecessary amounts of delicious food
I truly believe that vacations are necessary. Think back to school days - you had your summer break, winter break, spring and fall breaks. Whoever has the power to decide knew it was important that kids (and teachers) got breaks from school. I think that same idea should apply to us working stiffs. Sure, we don't get told to take vacation - but we should follow our younger footsteps and give ourselves breaks.
Though I probably can't swing eight weeks off in the summer, my new MO is to take breaks - long weekends, full weeks, whatever I can get - every season.
I feel so refreshed and much less likely to stab any and all coworkers with staples - that alone should be a good recommendation. But I also feel reminded of how much fun I can have and how wonderful it is to have friends and Boyfriends who make life rich.
If you haven't yet this year, take my advice - plan a vacation. Your brain, and co-workers, will thank you for it ;)